October 4, 2018
Many San Antonio Spurs fans would be delighted to get 5 seconds of fame on the jumbotron during a game. However, if you are missing a tooth, you may feel extreme anxiety at being the center of attention. If you are one of the 120 million Americans that the American College of Prosthodontists estimates is missing at least one tooth, cosmetic dentistry can offer not only a way to improve your appearance but also contribute to a stronger sense of self-esteem. Here are 5 ways dental implants can help boost your self-confidence.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a titanium rod that mimics the natural root structure of teeth to provide a safe, sturdy base for a new artificial tooth. Inserted in the jawbone beneath the gum, the dental implant fuses with the bone through a process called osseointegration, providing maximum strength and support. Dental implants can give patients the ability to eat, speak and smile with confidence.
With a high success rate of around 98%, dental implants are an effective cosmetic treatment option for many patients. Dental implantation is more likely to be successful if a candidate has:
- Healthy gums
- Sufficient jawbone depth
- Good oral hygiene habits
How Dental Implants Can Help Increase Self-Confidence
Replacing missing teeth is important to maintaining good oral health, but dental implants can also help boost your self-esteem. Here are 5 ways how:
- Reclaim a healthy smile – A missing tooth or a loose bridge or denture can make you feel self-conscious and reluctant to smile properly. Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, so you can once again flash a beautiful grin when the occasion calls for it.
- Keep your younger looks – The jawbone can gradually decrease after the loss of a tooth, which can lead to wrinkled lips and a sunken mouth and face. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement treatment that helps preserve and reinvigorate bone growth through osseointegration, helping to maintain your facial profile.
- Keep eating your favorite foods – Gaps and failing teeth can restrict your ability to eat certain foods and make you reluctant to eat out in public. Dental implants provide the full chewing power of natural teeth, giving you the confidence to enjoy your favorite foods, at home or at a restaurant.
- No restrictions on movement or speech – Ill-fitting traditional dentures can move in your mouth when you are talking to others, which can result in you mumbling or slurring your speech. Dental implants can help you avoid this embarrassing scenario because they are firmly fixed inside your mouth.
- Long-lasting solution – With proper care, dental implants can last for many years – possibly even for a lifetime – giving you a confidence-filled future.
Don’t let a missing tooth keep you from taking center stage in life. Talk to an implant dentist in San Antonio today to see if dental implants are the right solution for you.
About the Practice
A San Antonio native, Dr. Joseph Noble has been helping patients achieve the smile of their dreams for over 20 years. He knows a missing tooth can negatively impact patients’ quality of life, which is why he offers dental implant treatment. To learn more about Dr. Noble and his expert staff, visit his website today or call the office at 210-342-1001.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.